Sharon Stone issues another apology for China earthquake comments
Washington, June 5 (ANI): After being severely panned for her 'bad karma' comment on the Chinese earthquake, Sharon Stone has now issued another apology regretting her remarks at Cannes.
The 'Basic Instinct' actress said that her comments linking the Chinese earthquake to Beijing's policy on Tibet, were unintentional and she did not want to hurt anyone.
"There have been numerous reports about what I said in Cannes. I would like to set the record straight about what I feel in my heart and end all of the misunderstandings. Yes, I misspoke. I could not be more regretful of that mistake. It was unintentional," People quoted her, as saying in a statement released on June 4.
She added: "I apologize, those words were never meant to be hurtful to anyone, they were an accident of my distraction and a product of news sensationalism. I am deeply saddened by the pain that this whole situation has caused the victims of the devastating earthquake in China."
The 50-year-old actress has a long history of political activism and is friends with Tibet's exiled leader, the Dalai Lama
The repercussions of her comment resulted in her being banned from this year's Shanghai International Film Festival. The authorities refused to invite Stone, who had attended the event last year.
She did make another apology last week, which was released by Christian Dior, which also dropped her from their Chinese campaign.
In her last apology she stated: "I feel deeply sorry and sad about hurting Chinese people." (ANI)