Sharon Osbourne quits X Factor over pay row
London, Jun 7 (ANI): Rock matriarch Sharon Osbourne has quit ITV1 show X Factor after not getting the pay rise that she asked for.
Osbourne had asked for a 500,000 pounds rise for her role as a judge and mentor of contestants. When she was denied the rise, she walked off the hit show, days before the start of a new series.
It had been revealed last month that she was in talks for a new deal, and that the ITV chiefs hoped they had persuaded her to return.
"Sharon has walked. We're so disappointed, she's a major part of the show. We've no idea how to replace her. Her demands were huge though," The Sun quoted a show source as saying.
Another factor, which made her not so eager to be on the show anymore, was the series of rows she had been having with 36-year-old Dannii Minogue,
Osbourne was to join Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh and Dannii at X Factor's London auditions on Thursday, June 5.
News of her exodus from the show was confirmed by an ITV spokesman.
"Sharon Osbourne has decided to leave The X Factor after four fantastic years. ITV thanks her for her immense contribution to the show and for all her humour, compassion and energy," the spokesman said.
In return, Osbourne's rep said that she thanks the public for all the support they have given her.
"Sharon would like to thank the wonderful British public for their enormous support," the rep said.
A replacement for the ex X Factor judge, who will still be working with Cowell on America's Got Talent, has already been looked into, and TV insiders say that pop icon Lulu would be the ideal candidate.
But bookies Ladbrokes made American Idol star Paula Abdul the 2/1 favourite, with Dannii's sister Kylie at 3/1 and Sharon's daughter Kelly 4/1. (ANI)