Top 200 causes are awaiting for your vote
Everyone across the United States and Canada were invited by State Farm Neighborhood Assist to submit causes that would have a good impact on their neighborhood for the chance of winning a $25 000 State Farm grant.
More than 3000 submissions were sent by people in all ages, youngest submitter being 13 and oldest 86. Out of the 3000 submissions State Farm Youth Advisory Board selected 200 causes with the most potential and now they are being voted on at www.statefarm.com/neighborhoodassist. You too can vote for the causes that you feel would benefit your community the most. You can vote up to ten times a day through April 22.
Among the 200 top causes that you can vote for are:
- Helping to feed elementary students from food insecure homes in East Alabama.
- Providing awareness and access to opportunities while inspiring academic development and leadership.
- Influencing community to alter business & purchasing practices reducing negative effects on environment.
- Providing shoes and socks for elementary school children at Dunbar Elementary and Miami Rescue Mission.
- Educating and equip youth to be effective community leaders.
- Creating a multi-sensory garden at a local park for people of all abilities to enjoy.
- Educating families who have children with special needs to help them function better in the community.
And these are just some of the causes you can vote for. For the complete list, see www.statefarm.com/neighborhoodassist.